News & Events
At Tibbs Paving, Safety Is Always Our #1 Priority!Staff / 05-03-2021
We maintain a health and safety program that reflects the best practices of the construction industry. We go to great lengths to ensure every protocol and rule set forth by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is followed by every member of our company. We ensure that all employees are fully trained on the equipment they will operate. Also, our OSHA30 certified team leaders hold regular training sessions with their teams on the topic of safety. Our safety and health program includes:
- Developing and enforcing health and safety regulations
- Requiring that all employees abide by these rules as a condition of employment
- Conducting safety inspections to find and eliminate any unsafe work conditions or practices, control health hazards, and comply fully with the health and safety rules for each job
- Training all employees in good health and safety practices
- Investigating, promptly and thoroughly, every accident to find out what caused it and to correct the problem to prevent reoccurrence
We also are cognizant to the fact that it’s not just our team members who can be at risk, but also pedestrian, traffic, etc. who may walk too near the work area or wander where they should not be. Our employees are trained on how to identify potential risks and urgently take the proper steps to protect everyone. On every worksite, our crew begins by setting up barricades, tape and/or cones to mark the work area. If needed, a crewmember will act as a flagger to either attract additional attention or to divert traffic from the work area. These precautions have been successful in helping us minimize the likelihood of accidents and liabilities.
Every commercial, municipal and residential paving or maintenance job comes with our clients and employees’ peace of mind knowing their safety is always our #1 priority. Visit our safety page to learn more about our safety program or speak with one of our asphalt experts at (703) 794-4491 today!